Laundry Management system allows you to keep a track of in and out of laundry from an area. This tracking enables to track life span of a fabric and keep optimum level of fabric in stock. RFID Technology enables tracking of laundry by tagging it. These tags can be automatically read by the readers either fixed or handheld. RFID based laundry management reduces manual work such as separating and hand counting uniforms and linens coming into the laundry or items being shipped to the customer.
Daily Technologies enable companies to automatically track linens, clothing, rags and other assets in order to provide more accurate inventory management and accounting practices. These RFID tags are designed to meet all requirements in terms of pressure, heat and chemical resistance in the applications of contactless tracking of garments in textile rental and dry cleaning.
Each Laundry Transponder has a unique identification number. The Transponder can be easily patched in all garments and minimize shortages. If a garment is lost while being processed, using RFID it can be identified. It saves handling time at on & off site, soil laundry check-in and clean laundry check out stations. They provide end users with a full service from renting to cleaning the supply of garments, laundering and collection/delivery services.
How it works?
The RFID technology works by electronically reading RFID tags attached to the fabric, allowing them to be automatically identified, counted and tracked. The system also facilitates sorting and validates pick-ups and deliveries at customer locations. An RFID Tag attached to fabric contains all the relevant information of the cloth like- number of time washed, enter and exit time & date etc.
RFID reader mounted on the gates reads the data stored on the RFID tags as it enters electromagnetic waves of the antenna. The data is automatically transferred to the linked system for further processing.
Benefits of Laundry Tracking/ Management:
• Real time tracking of the laundry items from point of pick-up, through sorting, washing or dry-cleaning, packaging and distribution.
• Reduced handling time at check in and check out on site and off site
• Automatic identification of misplaced and stolen items.
• Accurate data capture regarding item lifecycle, inventory control, reusable asset sterilization control as well as automatic billing to end users.
Common industrial laundry management users:
1. Commercial launderers and dry cleaners for efficient inventory control and accurate billing
2. Healthcare facilities to track and ensure sterilization of reusable linens and patient clothing
3. Hospitality industry for inventory control, minimizing theft and pilferage, along with lifecycle management of assets.